COVID 19 INFORMATION
- It is paramount that your stall is set up with social distancing in mind. Any stalls that are not set up accordingly will be asked to be rearranged. We all must adapt at this time for us to continuing operating safely.
- Masks or visors and gloves must be worn in all buildings. Visors are available to buy for £3 each. Indoor traders are advised to wear visors as they protect you and are much more comfortable to work in all day. We will have a stock of masks and gloves for those that need them, and these are free of charge.
- Indoor stalls will be positioned at least 6ft apart. Traders must respect this space. Anyone filling this space will be asked to rearrange their stall. We have half the number of indoor traders to allow for this.
- Indoor will have a one-way system in place. There will be fencing in the centre of the building to denote not to cross. Traders will be asked to not set up within this space. There will be one way in and one way out. Fire exits will be open but taped to stop people entering through this door.
- Sanitising stations will be positioned all around the showground.
- The handling of items should be discouraged unless the person plans on purchasing it. It is the responsibility of the traders to sanitise any items that have been handled.
- Catering and the bar will have outdoor seating only.
- Toilets and showers will be open. Sanitising products will be provided and they must be cleaned before and after use.
- Lastly, all of us have a responsibility to keep each other safe so lets not forget the situation but have a enjoyable fair.
Booking a Pitch
Saturday & Sunday are equally busy days. To make a booking please go to the fair you wish to book and add the option to the basket. Outdoor traders will save £10 by pre-booking and will be given a priority outdoor pitch. This discount closes on the Wednesday before the fair at 12pm. Indoor traders are pre-paid only at Shrewsbury Flea and at Oswestry traders have the option to prepay or leave a none refundable or transferable deposit to secure their pitch.
Once booked, you will then receive an email with a unique booking reference attached example #R212345678. This reference number is unique to you and dates you’ve booked.
Please following the booking instructions listed under the fair’s information.
The booking system is 24 hours and any pitches which have sold out will be removed from the website. Once booked and paid simply follow the instructions below.
Casual traders are welcome to pay cash for an outside casual pitch on the day - subject to availability. Please be aware that on the Saturday, one-day casual traders will be asked to wait until all two day and pre-booked traders are in situ.
Shrewsbury Flea - Prices
- Outdoor pre-paid (weekend pass)- £60.
- Outdoor pre-paid Electric Pitch - £70.
- Outdoor pay on the day (weekend pass)- £70 (cash only).
- Saturday ONLY - £40 (cash only).
- Sunday ONLY - £35 (cash only).
- Indoor single pitch - £60.
- Indoor double pitch - £95.
- Indoor triple pitch - £115.Please note that indoor is pre-pay only for this fair.
Oswestry - Antique & Collectors Fair - Prices:
- Outdoor pre-paid (weekend pass)- £60.
- Outdoor pay on the day (weekend pass)- £70 (cash only).
- Outdoor Electric Pitch - £68 (pre-book only).
- Saturday ONLY - £45 (cash only).
- Sunday ONLY - £40 (cash only).
- Indoor single pitch - £80.
- Indoor double pitch - £115.
- Indoor triple pitch - £140.
- Indoor furniture pitch - £125.Traders have the option to pre-pay or leave a non refundable or transferable deposit for this fair.
- Exhibitors to arrive at gate (see signage as gate may differ from the previous time)
- Please have your reference number saved to your smart phone or printed out ready to show to the marshal.
- The marshal will also ask you your name and email address for security, please have this information ready.Wednesday
- 12pm - Online advance booking discount closes.
- 10am – 8pm - Outdoor traders admitted for set up (Oswestry only).
- 12pm - 8pm - Outdoors traders admitted for set up (Shrewsbury).
- 12pm-8pm -Indoor traders admitted for set up.
- 8pm – Showground secured. Security patrolling throughout the night.Saturday
- 6.00am - Indoor and casual Two-day traders ONLY admitted.
- 7.00am – Casual one-day traders admitted.
- 8.15am – Exhibitor gate locked.
- 7.30am - Trade Buyers admitted.
- 8.30am - Public Buyers admitted.
- 4:00pm - Fair closes.
- 5.00pm – Showground secured. Security & guard dogs patrolling throughout the night.Sunday
- 8am - Building opened, one-day traders admitted.
- 8.45am – Exhibitor gates locked.
- 9am - Public Buyers admitted.
- 3:00pm - Fair closes.
- 5:30pm – Showground closed and securedPitch size
- Outdoor Pitch – Approx. 32ft / 32ft (10m / 10m) - this is a guide. We feel every exhibitor should set up as they feel is best for them to encourage sales. We would however kindly request that you respect the exhibitor next to you. Anyone with a van & trailer or two large vehicles will be charged for two pitches (excluding caravans), we simply ask for all exhibitors to be fair. Please note that we DO NOT and will never mark out pitches and we invite our traders to spread out and enjoy themselves.
- Single Indoor Pitch – 8ft / 6ft including one 6ft table.
- Double Indoor Pitch – 14ft / 6ft including two 6ft tables.
- Triple Indoor Pitch – 20ft / 6ft including three 6ft tables.
- Indoor Furniture pitch - 16ft / 16ft (Oswestry) 12ft /12ft (Shrewsbury)Electrical and Display Equipment
Electricity is limited within the building's. Extension leads are NOT provided by the organiser. Exhibitors are only permitted to use lights requiring no more than 300 watts per stand. We will make every effort to get you near an electric point. Please request this when booking for Shrewsbury Flea but please be aware that this may not always be possible at this venue. Electric Heaters can not be used at either venue.
Caravan Hook Ups
There are facilities for electric hook-up on site for caravans. At Shrewsbury Flea the majority of these hook-ups are located on the opposite side of the showground, however, there are four electric hook ups available within the immediate fair area and a further eight nearby. There are a number of hook ups available at Oswestry within the show area (see below). To reserve one of these hook ups you will be required to Prepay for two days for both the fair and the hook up facility. Your name will be put on the pitch you require. Please book an 'electric pitch' for Oswestry (to be found under the fair booking) and add the number of nights for Shrewsbury for electric (to be found in extras). Priority will be given to those requiring hook ups for medical reasons. The electric hook ups are £8 per night at Shrewsbury and £8 for the weekend at Oswestry. Electricity passes will be given on arrival which will need to be displayed in your window. A marshal may ask to see this pass during the fair.
Tables for Oswestry & Shrewsbury Flea must be pre-booked (see fair) and they are priced at £5 each. Traders who wish to bring their own tables are welcome too but they MUST be placed within the allocated space. We have a limited number of wooden trestle tables available to hire on the day of the fair. These are priced at £5 each, cash only & you will be required to fetch and carry these tables to your own stand.
Please help us to ensure easy unloading for you all by parking sensibly around the buildings. Staff may ask you to move your vehicle if it is causing an obstruction.
All Indoor traders must move their vehicle and park in the allocated parking area by 7:30am.
Please do not place nails or screws in any walls or partitions belonging to the venue.
Space is limited indoors so we ask that you adhere to the space allocated to you & respect your neighbour.
Well behaved dogs on a lead are welcome.
You are required to do your own risk assessment when setting up and all items left overnight are left at your own risk. We strongly advise market trader insurance.
All stands must remain fully stocked until close of fair.
Outdoor pitch size is approx. 10m / 10m (32ft / 32ft), this is a guide. We feel every exhibitor should set up as they feel is best for them to encourage sales. We would however kindly request that you respect the exhibitor next to you. Anyone with a van & trailer or two large vehicles will be charged for two pitches (excluding caravans), we simply ask for all exhibitors to be fair. Please note that we DO NOT and will never mark out pitches and we invite our exhibitors to spread out and enjoy themselves.
Toilets and showers are available for traders to use on site. The showers will be open at Oswestry between 6pm and 8pm on Saturday night and 24 hours at Shrewsbury.
The Bar will be open at 6pm on Saturday night and traders supper at Shrewsbury Flea will be available at 6:30pm.
The nearest cash machine to Shrewsbury Flea is in Shrewsbury Town centre.
Please make sure you share our event pages on Facebook, instagram and Twitter so we can get as many customers as possible and make it a great fair! Our marketing surveys have proved that 90% of our customers have heard about our Fleas via social media so it’s in everyone’s interest to share it long and wide.
You can invite your friends on Facebook by clicking on the event you are attending on our page under events. Then click share at the top of that page and invite friends.
Our social media pages are as follows:
The Agricultural Showground
Berwick Road / Gravel Hill Lane
Shrewsbury, SY1 2PF
For Sat Navs our postcode is: SY1 2PF
Directions avoiding town centre:
- Exit M54/ A5 and take second exit onto the A49.
Next roundabout take second exit and continue on A49.
Next Roundabout take second exit onto Battlefield Link road (A5124).
Continue straight on over the next round about.
Take the second exit at next round about onto Ellesmere road (towards town centre).
Continue along road for 2.2 miles.
Turn right at traffic lights onto Berwick Road the left where the road forks onto Gravel Hill Lane.
You will arrive at the showground on your left.
Oswestry - Antique & Collectors Fair
Park Hall, Whittington Road (A495)
Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 4AB.
For Sat Navs our postcode is: SY11 4TB
Emma: 07584 357 808 or Oli 07967 543 706
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you have a successful and enjoyable fair.